Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A few Things

Well I have been a busy little beaver, had to get Christmas presents finished and did some little bits and pieces for me as well.  Here's some pics:


Here's No 1 - a block minder - it's about 14" x 16" and this is the front



and this is the back of it!



No 2 is a block minder made from a postage tube .



The inside of the postage tube block minder - this is handy for my embroidery - I can just fold it up around the tube and it stays neat.



No 3 is an embroidery roll, I call it.  I can fit all my embroidery requirements in the two pockets



and then I can just fold it up and tie the ribbon!

You may remember this little quiltlet I started.  I have finally started the embroidery on it and this is what I have done:



The pictures don't show the stitching very well - I have started to put flowers on the front hill, then decided I had best do the big things first. You can just see the pink of the flowers in this



Here's the hills with their blanket stitched tops, and the owl has been outlined



and here is Mr Moon outlined in silver chains.  I'm trying to try all different stitches on this, I still have the trees and ornaments to go and that is where some beading will happen.

I don't know if I will get this finished for Sunday, but I can try.  It can be for next Christmas if I don't.

So I have been busy, what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

I am still making Christmas gifts will be done soon. I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Happy Quilting

Lots of Fabric 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.