Monday, January 2, 2012

Another Finish almost

You may remember this Material Obsession Beginner Quiltlet from a while back.  I had stuffed  it into a plastic bag and thrown it in a corner, hoping it would never surface again, because no amount of fudging would put it together.


This poor block has been fudgd, starched, ironed (NOT pressed) and then fudged starched, ironed again to within an inch of it's life.  Finally I present it as a finished top.  Tomorrow I will back it and quilt it and use that black fabric next to it as it's binding, then it will be totally complete.

Now I remember too well wht I do not want to machine piece stars that are made from diamonds! What a nightmare, and I must admit that my BOM from the same store has an eight pointed diamond done exactly the same way.  It can wait until I forget the pain involved with this one....

4 comments:

mtnquiltr said...

It looks lovely now! I've never tried diamonds,sometimes new experiences just remind us of what we DON'T like!

Diane-crewe said...

use it as a learning experience...what NOT to do ever again xx

Wee Little Birds said...

Just personally I would have run screaming in the other direction and used a different block...well done for sticking with it.
hugs Tanya

Anonymous said...

I think after all it's been thru it looks just FINE! Can't wait to see her done! Kim C