Friday, March 23, 2012

Sewing & Craft Show

I attended the show today and it was packed with people.

The quilts on show were from the Queensland Quilters Challenge Fabric Quilt for 2012, I managed to get a few pictures of the ones that took my fancy.  Some were marvellous, people have such amazing imaginations, as you will see:

 To explain the challenge quickly, the fabric in this first picture is the "challenge fabric" and the entrants have to use this fabric in any way on their quilt, and it must make up at least 20% of the quilt front.  There are size limits etc as well, but that's the gist:



I know that some of the statements will be hard to read, you may find it is easier to click on the picture for the larger one so it can be read, sorry


.














Aren't these quilts amazing?  All credit to those amazing quilters! Their imagination is remarkable.
I have a few more pictures but I think this is enough for one evening, so I will post the rest tomorrow night



No comments: