Sunday, September 22, 2013

Saturdays Stash on Sunday!

I'm so sorry, my friends, for being so late this week with my Saturday Scraps!

It has been a busy week, and with visitors over the weekend, nothing much was done here.

I lie, I did manage to do a few more blocks for my X and O quilt:



This one goes so quickly - you simply need one 4 1/2" square for each block, along with 2 x 2 1/2 ' squares. Attach the 21/2" squares to opposite sides of the 41/2" square, fronts facing.  

Cut the 21/2" squares back to 1/4" seamline, then iron the block.  See, simple!

You can make either an O or a X with 4 blocks. Uses lots of small pieces, and like i said previously, it goes fast! Good one if you need a quilt quickly!


Now here is a pretty picture of the X and O blocks before they are ironed, plus another project that I cannot say much about as yet, but that will be fun too.

For those who were wondering, I will be doing a medallion quilt after this top - or maybe a quilt using all my orphan blocks.  Haven't decided yet!

So join in and play along - remember, every 10th person who joins in for a month will get a special little prize from me! See below


1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

You're working on some fun projects! I love your colourful scrappy taste in fabrics.