Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Blankets are Coming Along

Remember the  blanket that I showed you in my last post, the one where Jessica and Aaron had come to visit?

Well, here it is now:


So here it is on the Queen sized bed.  I decided to make all the squares 24" square, and so have been madly crocheting to get them all enlarged and crocheted together!

Remind me not to do that again, please!

It has tasken forever, and I am still not finished!! Everything else has been left while I got this done, and unfortunately, when the squares are this big, they stretch beyond belief!! They stretch more than 10%, which makes it really difficult to work out    how many I need for a given bed. So I am just winging it till it looks right.

It will stretch more anyhows!!


He re's all the blocks piled up that need to be attached.


Here's another view of the monster on the bed!!



 Here is a cute picture of Priscilla - she says "Hi"


Take Care


3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it looks lovely .. even if it is taking over and creating a life for itself!! lol x Maybe if you attached some fleece to the back as a stabiliser it would help... and be even more cosy xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your blanket looks great, there's so much work in it. Priscilla is a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. Keep going, It'll be worth it in the end. I'm aiming to make my first ever granny square single blanket. I had thought my squares (4 rounds) my be a bit small but with your comment on the stretch factor, I think it's good to leave them as are.