Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quilts on the Go

Like I said last night, I have been doing some sewing as well - I have started this project for a large quilt made of half and quarter square triangles. 

The hardest part was cutting out all these zillions (well it felt like zillions - it was a whole lot, took me hours) of 6" squares to use



Then of course, I have to make the half square triangles, trim all the dog eared points, the cut again and make some quarter square triangles. 

If something doesn't want to fit, there are plenty of scraps and strings to attach to everything, and make them fit!  This is a very true blue scrappy.

Need this one by June this year - wish me luck!!

Next up, there's this one:-


I've decided to cut it up and make small hanging quilts from it - they will make nice gifts.

Them there's this one :-


I wasn't going to show this yet - but this is the block that I made for my Block Swap Australia partner, Kate (sorry Kate, I called you Kay last night, and it left here today - so she should have it tomorrow or the next day.  I do hope she likes it - she asked for autumn tones or brown and aqua, in any design apart from Baltimore - so I guessed that was applique - so I didn't.  Do you think it's ok?


French Knots are the embroidery stitch for this week, but I haven't started my sampler yet and there is also another quilt happening but I can't show pics of that one yet.

So I'm pretty busy!



4 comments:

Bron said...

Isn't it crazy how we derive so much pleasure from cutting up perfectly good fabric and then spend so much time sewing it all back together again? You have done some lovely craziness though. x

Maria said...

Ditto to Bron's comment.
Sometimes I do thik we are crazy..... LOL

Anonymous said...

That looks great Sharon the Aqua really pops with the chocolate.
Love Jeanie Beanie xoxox

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharyn, I am tired just looking at all the stuff you do...it must keep you out of a lot of trouble.
This must be the scrappy quilt for Allan's daughter, June is just around the corner......and the block you have done is lovely, she will love it.....
Thanks for showing us your special crochet yesterday it was really interesting, keep going, although where do you find the time....
Have a great weekend.....Linda x