Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Sewing Group

The one they call "Stitch 'n' Bitch"!  My first day back after 3 weeks away, it was lovely to see all the girls again.

Unfortunately, my clutch swap partner was not there today, so I was unable to give her the long overdue clutch that I made her. (I'm sorry that I can't show pictures of it -  I am very happy with the way it worked out. Perhaps next Thursday she can finally have it, and I can show pictures of it!)

Elizabeth made a clutch for me:



It's a perfectly sized pouch with a zipper along the topside, and this remark on the side.  I love it because it will be the perfect size for me to store hexagons or embroidery bits all in 1 spot.

I'm a pretty spoiled girl aren't I?

I thought you might like a little peek at what I worked on today:




I have been working on these blocks for at least 6 months, I think, and now finally I am putting them together.  Click on the pic and you'll see a larger view.
This is the first two rows. I am really pleased with the sashing fabric as it has all the different block colours and really pretty birds on it!

Our next sewing challenge is a tote, and I think I have to make one for my friend Tanya of Wee Little Birds.  Go over and take a look through her blog, you'll see why I'm worrying already!! What to do! Any suggestions?



1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

isnt it wonderful to meet with like minded folks ... and YES you are a lucky girl xx